• Before you pick up your phone, start the day with 5 big breaths, each deeper than the last
• When you feel scattered, focus on one thing at a time
• Make it formal – join us every day to meditate for 20 minutes
• When talking to people, make eye contact to practice active listening
• Take phone breaks – put it away at meals
• Keep a journal by your bed to jot down your thoughts before sleeping
Your reward? An increased sense of peacefulness, deeper connections, and decreased anxiety. And if you miss a day, don’t worry. The research shows that a couple of slip ups won’t damage the habit-forming process.